Aalborg disappointed me, but interested things in "the area" (Jutland):
- The Pre Viking / Post Viking / Viking / Not Viking cemetary of Linholm Høje in the hills of Aalborg.
- Old WWII batteries everywhere on the coast + at Aalborg Airport
- Viking Fortress of Fyrkat at Hobro
- Viking Fortress of Aggersborg
- Aggersund / Limsfjord to sail / see some nice landscapes
- Hirthals or Hansholm to see seas of dunes and bunkers and take the very-often-coming ferry to BÆRGEN !
A bit down south in Jutland: the area around Jelling (famous runic stone) is beautiful, and the town of Kolding is nice to see smocking some pot and drinking some beer around the lake. Nice girls too.
About capital cities, I'm a fucking bergenser-patriot, but it is true: Oslu sucks and sucks again. You don't NEED to go there. Stockholm is a great city and is worth the visit.
Lucky boy, you can from Jutland reach Torshavn, if you want to visit the Faroe Islands it's either in full summer, either just before Xmass, either you have to postpone to 2011. great place. They even have a Burger King.
And, about Denmark (and Finland), from a friend of mine who used to get laid 3 times a week in Bergen : "In Denmark and Finland it's easier to get laid than to get a glass of water in a bar". Hope that helps.